Open day, 6th November. Every Tuesday.
Group 11-18Years old.
All levels are welcome to come from 6 pm for an open day and FREE tryout. (registration is mandatory on the link http://volleyballacademy.ae/join-us/ or at 0568111876)
Location: “Dubai Stars Sportsplex – Mirdif” GoogleMap
Elite Volleyball Academy offers the best Volleyball training for youth and junior athletes as well as for adult players. The professional coaches provide an amazing club Volleyball experience by sharing their knowledge of the sport to currently more than 300 members, aged between 5 and 55 years.
All coaches have played at various levels their self, ranging from the best in the world to current collegiate athletes and have degrees in various fields around Physical Education. They strive to create an enthusiastic and positive learning environment for every athlete joining their program. The Academy encourages athletes to excel and reach their full potential by offering the best training, nutrition and mental aspects of the game.
Please register online and we will contact you:
Hope to see you at the court soon!
Elite Volleyball Team
You don’t have to be Misty May-Treanor or Kerry Walsh Jennings to enjoy the game of volleyball. Volleyball is a great sport that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and skill levels. It can be played year round as it can be played both indoors and outdoors. Aside from the pure enjoyment of the game, volleyball has many benefits.
First, it’s a fun way to burn calories. Playing 45 minutes of volleyball can burn up to 585 calories. Volleyball also improves muscle strength and tone. The activities required when playing volleyball strengthen the upper body, arms, shoulders, thighs, abdominals, and lower legs. In addition, volleyball improves hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and balance. Last but not least, volleyball teaches teamwork and communication and is a great social activity.
As with any sport there is a risk of injury when playing volleyball. Common injuries in volleyball can be grouped into two categories: overuse injuries and traumatic injuries. Some overuse injuries include rotator cuff tendonitis, elbow or wrist tendonitis, Patellar or Achilles tendonitis, and low back pain. Traumatic injuries include shoulder dislocation or separation, rotator cuff tears, wrists sprains, finger fractures, Achilles tendon tears, ligamentous injuries, torn knee cartilage, ankle sprains, muscle sprains and strains, and herniated discs.
To prevent injury, participants should:
- Perform a warm-up consisting of stretching and light aerobic activity prior to play
- Participate in a comprehensive training program including flexibility, strength training, jump training, speed and agility drills, and endurance training
- Wear appropriate shoe wear with skid-resistant soles
- Use good technique
- Clean off the courts before play. Look for slippery spots if playing indoors and look for debris if playing outdoors in the sand or grass.
- Allow for adequate recovery
- Stay hydrated
A comprehensive volleyball training program can decrease injury and increase explosive power, jump height, stamina, and speed and agility on the court. It should include the following:
- Stretching of the lower extremities, shoulders, and lower back
- Strengthening exercises for the abdominals, legs, and shoulders especially the rotator cuff
- Jump training including box jumps, lateral jumping, and block jumps
- Speed and agility drills including sprints, ladder drills, court circuits, and lateral shuffles
- Endurance training such as running or swimming to improve stamina with long matches
So grab a few friends and head to the beach or the gym to enjoy the many benefits of volleyball and have some fun!
As per today, the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship in Italy and Bulgaria is about to begin. Volleyball Players and Fans all over the world ask their selfes: Will Russia carry on from their Volleyball Nations League Victory? Or will Brazil be able to continue their triumph of Olympic Gold in Rio 2016? And what about the incumbent World Champion Poland?
It’s not just Italy and Bulgaria being all about Volleyball today. In Dubai we are officially entering the new Volleyball Season with Dubai Elite Volleyball Academy. Don’t miss the open days and free training sessions coming up this week! Today, Sunday 6pm (7-13 Y/O) and 7pm (14-17 Y/O) in Emirates International School Jumeirah. For all further information, visit http://volleyballacademy.ae/
To start the new season at its best and to give all kids and teenage Volleyball players interested in joining the Academy the possibility to try volleyball practice, the Academy offers free trial sessions.
Open day 9th September 2018.
Every Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday.
- 6 pm for the little ones 6YO – 13YO
- 7 pm start for 14YO – 18YO group!
Training sessions generally are being held for kids, teens, and adults of every level. The players are divided into groups for under 13 y/o, under 18 y/o, and adults training sessions. During the week, the player can easily pick sessions that not only fit their age but also their skill level set.
If you are interested in joining Dubai Elite Volleyball Academy, please call (+971) 056 8111 415 or (+971) 056 8111 416 or visit http://VolleyballAcademy.ae
Elite Volleyball Academy offers the best Volleyball training for youth and junior athletes as well as for adult players. The professional coaches provide an amazing club Volleyball experience by sharing their knowledge of the sport to currently more than 200 members. All coaches have played at various levels themselves. They range from the best in the world to current collegiate athletes and all of them have degrees in various fields relating to Physical Education. The coaches strive to create an enthusiastic and positive learning environment for every athlete joining their program. The Academy encourages athletes to excel and reach their full potential by offering the best training, nutrition and mental aspects of the game.
If you consider joining the Academy or have your kids join, you should know all of the various advantages Volleyball includes. Besides physical benefits such as better metabolism, improved muscular strength, agility, and improvement of cardiovascular health, Volleyball also boosts your self-confidence and improves your emotional health. It decreases anger and anxiety and can help control depression. While playing Volleyball, your body releases endorphins, which instantly make you feel relaxed and happy.
TERM 2 is about to start!!!!
See you all from 7th January 2018 onwards!
The ELITE VOLLEYBALL ACADEMY indoor season kicks off 3rd of September 2017 at Emirates International school Jumeirah for our youngest members. We are proud to introduce our Monday sessions in Dubai British School -Jumeirah Park (DBS) and Tuesday & Thursday sessions in Jumeirah Baccalaureate School (JBS) to ensure our members have a chance to practise every day of the week. Also starting from 5th of September adult members will have opportunity to practice, play and have fun every Tuesday in Jumeirah Baccalaureate School (JBS) from 8pm to 9.30pm.
1. Emirates International School Jumeirah – 3rd of September
2. Dubai British School – Jumeirah Park – 4th of September
3. Jumeirah Baccalaureate School – 5th of September
Opening trainings(Adults, 18+):
1. Jumeirah Baccalaureate School – 5th of September
2. Emirates International School Jumeirah – 6th of September
Please see schedule below and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to send us an email on email@example.com or call us on 0568111415, 0568111416.
If you did not fill application form yet, please do it below!
Having a healthy and balanced diet is one thing, but by adding a moderate amount of exercise into your life, you can significantly improve your health and the quality of your life. While many are more concerned with having fun than staying fit, beach volleyball is the best of both worlds. It is an excellent and fun way to stay physically fit and healthy, so it does not come as a shock to find out that playing beach volleyball is not just fun, but is also excellent for your health and well-being. By just playing (low intensity) 45 minutes of beach volleyball you can burn up to 585 calories! This can help significantly with weight loss for those who are looking to do so over an extended period of time.
While you may not need any more reasons to play, read on to find out some of the health and wellness benefits that one can achieve by playing beach volleyball regularly.
- Improves overall performance in workouts and in other sports
• Helps enhance the health of your joint and bones
• Increases energy level
• Improves flexibility of the feet and hands
• It’s healthy for your body and heart
• Fun and effective way to burn fat and calories
• Reduces your risk of diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease
• Helps agility and sprint speed
• Improves coordination and balance
• Helps build muscular strength in the upper body, arms, shoulders, thighs, and lower legs
• Will tone and shape your body
• Can help increase your metabolic rate
• Develops and strengthens fast reflexes
• Improves your interpersonal and networking skills
• Helps improve hand-eye coordination
• Increases your aerobic ability
• Improves mood, mental health, reduces stress, and helps self-esteem
• Boosts mental concentration skills
• Great way to stay involved socially
• Helps improve circulation
• Strengthens and tones the respiratory and cardiovascular system- a great cardiovascular exercise!
• Improves overall health and well-being
DID YOU KNOW? 11 INTERESTING BEACH VOLLEYBALL FACTS
Did you know that volleyball is considered to be the second most popular sport in the world? It’s true! Beach volleyball is a favorite among many and is played across the globe. As beach volleyball enthusiasts, we are sure you are not surprised to hear this fact. In fact, you probably think that volleyball should hold the number one spot. Beach volleyball is a fast and invigorating sport that requires speed, power, agility and excellent hand-eye coordination. So the only way you don’t like this sport is if you don’t have a pulse.
We know you love volleyball, but do you have all the facts? Check out our list of interesting beach volleyball facts to educate yourself on what you don’t yet know!
- Before volleyball was known as volleyball, it was known as mintonette.
- In 1900, the first ball specifically designed for volleyball was created.
- Beach volleyball clubs began appearing in Santa Monica during the 1920s.
- Santa Monica in California is often credited as the birthplace of modern beach volleyball.
- Ever wonder who developed the concept of two-man beach volleyball? It was Paul “Pablo” Johnson, and the first two-man beach volleyball game was played in 1930.
- Beach volleyball began to appear in Europe during the 1930’s.
- During a match, volleyball players on average jump about 300 times. No wonder volleyball players are so fit!
- The first professional beach volleyball tournament (Olympia World Championship of Beach Volleyball) took place at Will Rogers State Beach in 1976.
- Beach volleyball is the only Olympic sport that has a rule prohibiting players from wearing too much!
- In 1992, beach volleyball was introduced at the Summer Olympics. In 1996, beach volleyball finally became an official Olympic sport for both women and men.
- Due to the soft nature of the sand, serious injuries are rare in beach volleyball. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and play!
Elite Volleyball has announced schedule for Term 3
Find what is of your interest and send application form HERE